Our Amazing Banana Pancake Recipe
Banana pancakes are a delicious breakfast that packs just as much nutrition in the mix as it does flavor to make a dish that truly stands out! With their crispy exteriors and soft and fluffy interiors, you’re going to love making these banana pancakes.
- 10-inch non-stick sauté pan or a griddle
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Rubber spatula
- Wire sifter
- Wire whisk
Banana Pancake Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 peeled banana (preferably over-ripe)
- 3 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups of milk (divided)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions: How to Make Banana Pancakes
- Add your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder) to one of your large mixing bowls and whisk them together until they’re evenly combined.
- In your second mixing bowl add your peeled banana and mash it with a fork until it is broken down completely and smoothed out. Once you’ve gotten your banana to that consistency, add your eggs, milk, and vanilla extract and whisk these ingredients together until they’re well combined.
- Pour your banana mixture into your dry ingredients and then add the melted butter. Fold your batter together with a spatula until it is just evenly mixed, expect it to be thick and lumpy because over-mixing the batter changes the texture and leads to less fluffy pancakes.
- If you’re using your oven and sauté pan, set your oven to medium heat, or get your griddle out and set that to medium heat and wait until it’s hot. You can tell it’s hot enough when you flick some droplets of water on it and it sizzles. At that point, you can add butter to your hot surface to grease it up.
- Use a ladle or measuring cup to scoop about 1/3 cup of batter onto your hot surface. Cook until bubbles start to form on the top and the bottom turns a golden brown color (about 2 minutes) then flip the pancake and cook until the opposite side turns into a golden brown color as well.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and serve with your favorite pancake toppings like syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream, fresh berries, or butter.
Below are some of our favorite pancake recipes.
- Sourdough Pancake Recipe
- Vegan Pancake Recipe
- Make Pancake Mix From Scratch
- Classic Pancake Recipe
- Almond Flour Pancake Recipe
- Blueberry Pancake Recipe
- Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Keto Pancake Recipe
- Potato Pancake Recipe
- Protein Pancake Recipe
- Fluffy Pancake Recipe
- German Pancake Recipe
- Japanese Pancake Recipe
- Pumpkin Pancake Recipe
- Scallion Pancake Recipe
See many more Pancake Recipes on our Kulick’s Pancake Recipes site.